As a people-focused, tech-smart, modern company, Evergen takes your privacy seriously.
The types of information we collect
Information you give us:
To enable you to enjoy certain features of our Services we collect certain types of information, including personally identifiable information. For example, we collect information when you:
- Register – when you register either via our website or by phone we ask you to provide certain information, which may include your email address, home address, details about your home as well as your energy use. This information may, for example, indicate what time you are home and when you use certain appliances.
- Provide us your Credit Card and Billing Information
To enable payment for certain Services we may collect billing and credit card information.
Information we collect using technology:
- Device Information – we may collect information about the energy usage of your home, your computer, mobile phone, smartphone or other device you use to access the Services to measure the effectiveness of those Services.
- Analytic – we may use third parties including the hardware vendors to provide us information, reports and analysis about your energy usage and your energy usage profile along with monitoring and performance analysis of your hardware system. These reports contain aggregated or anonymous data only, and do not identify users of Evergen.
- Log Files – we may also automatically log certain information about your use of the Services. This information includes a history of your energy usage, usage of the mobile application and certain telemetry and performance data about your battery system and the surrounding environmental conditions of your system.
- Geolocation data – for certain mobile applications we offer, we may request your geolocation information in order to provide you with search or other functionality. If you agree to such collection, we may maintain information regarding your precise geolocation including over time, and may use it to help enable that functionality, or other functionality we describe to you in connection with the mobile application or website.
- Data storage – all data is stored in an accredited Australian data centre.
- Smart devices – we may use technology called smart devices that communicate information from your battery system, photo voltaic panels, energy meters and our environmental cabinet sensor to a secured cloud based server. Smart devices allow reading certain types of information from your installation and determine, among other things, the time and date of components of your energy usage. These smart devices may be used for a variety of purposes, including to analyse the use of the Services and in conjunction with cookies to provide energy usage that is more relevant to you.
How we may use and share the information we collect
Providing the services you request
We use the information we collect about you to enable your use of the Services, to fulfil your requests for certain products and services and for providing you with advice on optimising energy use, including in relation to your electricity supply arrangements, tariff structures and your fixed asset and appliance use.
We use the information, including analytics and statistical information to analyse the use of the Services so that we can improve them.
Customising your experience
We use the information that we collect to allow energy usage to be targeted to improve performance. We may also use this information to customise certain features of the Service to provide you with an enhanced experience based on information such as your energy usage profile and use of the mobile application.
We may share the information we collect with the manufacturers of the hardware and other equipment to the extent necessary to ensure that you can benefit from the manufacturers’ warranties.
We may contract with other companies that provide services to us, including CSIRO, installers, technical or customer support, shipping and information or analytics providers. We may also partner with other organisations as part of the Services that we provide you, including as part of optimising your energy use and electricity supply arrangements. Sometimes we may provide to these service providers and select business partners aggregated and anonymised information about how the users interact with our Services, which may help them improve their own products or services.
We may use the information that we collect for marketing our system and ongoing services, by us, our agents or our distributors.
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg an unsubscribe link).
Research and development
We may use the information we collect for conducting research, development and related activities in the field of operating a commercial electricity business that provides customers with integrated solar PV and/or battery systems for building; and services in respect of the management and control of solar battery or battery only systems for buildings, by us or CSIRO.
Other privacy considerations
We may transfer your information to a third party if we are involved in a transfer of all or part of our business or assets (e.g., a sale, merger, dissolution, liquidation or reorganisation) or are taking steps in anticipation of such a transaction (e.g., participating in due diligence).
Information from users outside of Australia
Compliance with legal process
We may disclose personal information (1) if we believe such sharing is appropriate to comply with the law or with legal process; (2) to protect and defend our rights, services or property; (3) to protect against misuse or unauthorised use of the Services; or (4) to protect the safety or property of our users or any member of the public.
Compliance with privacy legislation
We will comply with all relevant privacy legislation in relation to your personal information. If you have any questions, you may contact our privacy officer.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the firstname.lastname@example.org Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us via email@example.com. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
Unless otherwise provided, the following terms shall have the meanings specified:
Establishment services consist of:
- Supply and delivery of the Hardware and Other Equipment to your Premises;
- Installation of the System at your Premises;
- Connection of the System to the electricity grid;
- Testing and commissioning of the System;
- Provision of a certificate of electrical safety (or equivalent) and;
Ongoing services consist of:
- Provision of ongoing Evergen optimisation, management and monitoring, including remote analysis of your System through the Intelligent Management System and updating of the energy management program from time to time.
System means the integrated solar PV and/or battery system, which consists of:
- The Hardware;
- Integration of the Intelligent Management System; and
- Other Equipment.
CSIRO means the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation
Hardware and other equipment consist of:
- Battery module and control
- Solar PV panels
- Electricity meter
- Balance of system components and ancillary equipment